[THIN] Re: Published Internet Explorer and Citrix server access

  • From: cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:09:43 -0400

I believe that restricting access to the Run command will prevent this. You can
also hide and prevent access to the local server drives using group policy.
If you are only using published applications, you still need to create
restrictive group policies because it is very easy to get access to the desktop
of the Citrix server.

Carl Stalhood

Quoting "Columna, Melvin" <Melvin.Columna@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Gang,
>
> Does anyone have Internet explorer (either with/without mapped drives) and
> have corrected the security hole of having the client type "C:\" in the URL
> line?
>
> .
> .
> .
> --------------
> Melvin Columna
> Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
> KTS Center Of Excellence - Application Infrastructure
> eMail: Melvin<.>Columna<@>Kraft.com  {remove the < and > characters}
> --------------
> Subject Legend:
> HOT - Read email completely & react immediately
> ACT - A response or action to this email is required
> NRR - Please read & only respond if it applies to you
> FYI - For your information, read when you get a chance

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register