[THIN] Re: Published Explorer as an app, not a shell ... And how to restrict it?

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:39:31 +0200

PS4 hooks explorer.exe and doesn't allow for it to be run as the shell:
http://www.thincomputing.net/newsitem1622.html

Regards,
Michel Roth

On 7/21/06, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's fine and dandy, but publishing iexplore.exe with the -e option doesn't do the same as explorer.exe with a /root option.

iexplore will still let you browse up past the start path.  Most of my
users are not smart enough to go into the address bar and type a different
path, and if I hide the address bar to begin with, it's even more "secure"
for the general user.

I don't offer this to more then 2 or 3 users to begin with, so i'm not
really concerned with "possible" side effects.