[THIN] Re: Published Desktop lockdown

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:33:37 +1000

I already have an dedicated OU and have loopback processing enabled

From: "Beckett, William (Bill)" <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Desktop lockdown
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:18:03 -0400

Sounds like you should look into loopback processing and put your
terminal servers in a separate OU and pin loopback processing on that
OU.

-----Original Message----- From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Angela Smith Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 8:14 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Desktop lockdown

We run a fat desktop also.  Wouldn't doing this make the Citrix Icons
also appear when they logon to their fat clients? (ie Windows XP
desktops).  I want to keep the Citrix icons separate.  I don't want the
users to be able to create any shortcuts or folders in their published
desktop.  I simply want them to see shortcuts to apps they are entitled
to see (ie based on AD group membership)