[THIN] Published Desktop - Application Delivery

  • From: Mark Oliver <mark.oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:38:32 +1300

Greetings
1stly, appreciate the knowledge here, great resource & in great spirit.

Perhaps bit of a newbie type of question, but looking to build my first farm
windows 2008, Xenapp5 on Xenserver (have had experience with 4.5 etc)
Customer wants a published desktop environment which leads me to ask advice on
application shortcut delivery within the published desktop.
The apps are pretty standard & I was thinking of using the PNAgent for
simplicity & balancing but have also read up on using scripts to nuke start
menu's & copy shortcuts to locally installed apps, and/or redirecting & using
permissions on folders for read/execute etc.

Any advice appreciated
Rgds
Mark