[THIN] Re: Published App question

  • From: Matthew.Lyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:17:36 +0000

Robert,

Instead of :"C:\Path\to\Office\msaccess.exe \\server\path\to\database"
Try: "C:\Path\to\Office\msaccess.exe" \\server\path\to\database
In the application location.

Cheers,

Matthew.

             Robert Walk
             <rwalk@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                 thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@free                                           cc
             lists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                      [THIN] Published App question
             13/11/2002 15:06

              Please respond
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    rg

Good Day,

I am publishing Microsoft Access as an application but I also want it to
open right into a specific database without user intervention.  I have
tried to use the UNC path to the database in the application command
line like this:

"C:\Path\to\Office\msaccess.exe \\server\path\to\database"

but I get an error message that the application "failed to start" when
trying to use the app.  Is there a way to do this through a published
application?  I know it works directly from the cmd command line.

Thank you,

Rob Walk

*****************************Canada Life*********************************
This email (including any attachments) is confidential,
privileged and may be used only by the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the addressee (or a
servant or agent obliged to deliver it to the addressee)
then you may not read, disseminate, print, copy, store
or otherwise use it. If you have received it in error,
please notify Canada Life by replying to the address
from which it was sent and delete it from your system.
This email and its attachments may have been altered
without the author's knowledge or consent. Any views
expressed are personal to the author, except where
specifically stated to be the views of Canada Life.
Canada Life accepts no liability of any kind either
for any errors arising as a result of electronic
transmission or for any loss or damage which may be
sustained by any person as a result of this email
and/or its attachments being communicated to any person
other than the intended recipient.