[THIN] Re: Published App Issue

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:18:30 -0500

Patty,

Sounds like your Ghost image was taken from a server that had MetaFrame
installed and was a member of a farm.
It is now booting up and broadcasting to its ICA master browser that it is a
member of the farm, telling it what applications it has published, and
joining the load balancing as if it never left.

If you use the farm view and look at the published app, you might simply be
able to remove that server from the list of servers that can run the app.

You may, however, have to do more drastic things to convince it and the rest
of the farm that this is not the pre-cloned server. Brute force approach
might include:
1. Uninstall Metaframe
2. Remove server from the domain
3. Change server's name
4. Run newsid or something else to change the sid number
5. Rejoin the domain
6. Reinstall Metaframe

HTH,

Raff