[THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:26:07 +0800

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi Webster,

Thanks for your help but I have this setting already in the registry of my
citrix servers and this does allow local admins to see all printers, however I
need this same functionality but provided to separate security groups.

I tried adding a test user to the registry key you quoted but this hasn' t
worked either?

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Again Thanks for your input peeps J

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Webster Sent: Thursday, 2 April 2009 10:11 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

I have this in my notes from long ago and haven' t had to use it for a good
while. It _may_ help you:

to automatically add the Administrators group to all client printers:
&middot; Add registry key on each server: HKLM\Software\Citrix\Print
&middot; Add a REG_DWORD value " DefaultPrnFlags"
&middot;  Set value to 0x00004000
Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
alan tropper Subject: [THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply but tried both of those options and neither worked as
expected, as you still only see your own printers with both these permissions.

Cheers

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Greg Reese Subject: [THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

Power users or print operators

Greg
Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:46 PM, "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently trying to publish printers & faxes for each citrix server in my
farm to allow our server and desktop admin guys access to see all user printer
sessions.

However I have managed to publish ' Printer&Faxes'  but unless users are added
to the administrator group they can only see their own citrix mapped printers.

Does anyone know if there is a GPO setting or a right I can configure to allow
admins to view all citrix mapped printers using the published app without using
local admins?

We currently are using Win2003 with PS4.5.