[THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

  • From: "Webster" <Webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:11:09 -0500

I have this in my notes from long ago and haven't had to use it for a good
while.  It _may_ help you:

to automatically add the Administrators group to all client printers:

.         Add registry key on each server: HKLM\Software\Citrix\Print

.         Add a REG_DWORD value "DefaultPrnFlags"

.         Set value to 0x00004000

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of alan tropper
Subject: [THIN] Re: Publish Printers & Faxes

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply but tried both of those options and neither worked as
expected, as you still only see your own printers with both these
permissions.

Cheers

Al

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Greg Reese

Power users or print operators

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2009, at 8:46 PM, "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi All,

I am currently trying to publish printers & faxes for each citrix server in
my farm to allow our server and desktop admin guys access to see all user
printer sessions.

However I have managed to publish 'Printer&Faxes' but unless users are added
to the administrator group they can only see their own citrix mapped
printers.

Does anyone know if there is a GPO setting or a right I can configure to
allow admins to view all citrix mapped printers using the published app
without using local admins?

We currently are using Win2003 with PS4.5.