[THIN] Publication launches, but executes local copy of IEXPLORE.EXE

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:14:19 -0500

Greetings,

I've encountered a situation that I can't explain and I was hoping
someone could explain why the local IEXPLORE.EXE opens instead of the
version on the Citrix Server.

Environment: Citrix Access Essentials 1.5, Windows 2003 Server Std.

I have an application published that launches Internet Explorer and
opens a web based application.

If I use the following command to launch, the client side IEXPLORE.EXE
launches and runs the application completely outside of Citrix

IEXPLORE.EXE http://<server>/webapp

If I use the following command to launch the the application, it runs
correctly on the Citrix server

W:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://<server>/webapp

Where W: is the local system drive on the Citrix server.

How/Why when I don't explicitly point to the Citrix copy of IEXPLORE.EXE
doe sthe client machine launch the local copy of IEXPLORE and run the
application?

Thanks
Rob
<mailto:robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this
message.  Thank you for your cooperation.