[THIN] Re: Protocol Driver Error

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 05:23:33 +1000

Hi Jay,

If you're using any sort of QOS on your network, chances are good that QOS
optimization is set for ICA (port 1494) instead of session reliability (port
2598). So if your comms people have set everything up for ICA prorocol
prioritization followed by SMB etc, guess what gets the lowest priority of
all, ICA over port 2598.

This can cause timeout errors and a bunch of other connection issues.

You've got 2 possible fixes if QOS is the culprit. Make sure your comms guys
realize you're using ICA over port 2598 and get them to set up QOS etc
appropriately or turn off session reliability. If your comms links are
reliable, nobody will notice and ICA will get the proprity it needs.

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack