[THIN] Re: Programs open slowly

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:15:27 +1100

Hi Kevin,

If you cloned the server a likely reason is that the cloned server doesn't
have link file tracking disabled. Shortcuts are stord using UNC addressing,
so you can get a scenario where shortcuts on the second server are actually
pointing to apps on the first server. Kind of slows things down.

Link file tracking can be turned off via a local computer policy.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx