[THIN] Re: Profiles

  • From: "Henske, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Henske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:43:55 -0500

We are new to citrix (XPFR2 on W2k, CSG/Nfuse/seamless apps).  Of course the
app suite we published for this had a few local machine reg settings.  To
get around this I redirected the settings to their profile.  I then needed a
way to create unique profiles for these servers, different from the users
regular roaming ts profile.

Here's a little trick to allow for multiple roaming profiles per server or
server grouping.

Set a system environment variable called "profile" with a value of "group1"
on one of you TS/MF boxes.  In the users TS profile path put
\\profileserver\profileshare\%profile%\%usersname%.  When a user, say JoeB,
logs onto that server, a profile will be created in
\\profileserver\profileshare\group1\JoeB.

Now, add the same variable value on as many other servers you want them to
use that profile.  Add other variable values to create other server groups.

If JoeB logs onto a server that doesn't have that profile variable set, a
folder will be created \\profileserver\profileshare\%profile%\JoeB.  You can
use that information to help find out who is running a TS under their desk!
;-)

Works like a charm.

Jennifer Henske
A.G. Edwards Technology Group