[THIN] Re: Profile question

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:21:23 +1000

Hi Jeff,

Citrix consulting services have developed their own hybrid profile
mechanism, usingwhat looks like a specialized scripting engine to patch
profiles on login. They market it as a proprietary solution for their
consulting customers.

I suspect that it might be a bit expensive, but then I've never used it.

If you want something you can download then you can download the 1.1
flexprofiles kit, which uses the office profile wizard, from
http://www.dabcc.com. Note that the wizard can be a bit flakey in some
scenarios. However it's easy to fix with a binary hack that renames
outlook.exe, excel.exe etc from an internal office applications definition
list.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack