[THIN] Re: Profile Type from Command Line

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:48:49 -0400

Well, at least I understand what you are saying now.  ...was on a
different page.

On your problem... you use TSCMD.exe to query the users' profile path
and output it to a text file like:

username     profilepath

If you saw a list like this, could you not tell wether it was roaming
or not?

Paul

>>> bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/28/03 03:31PM >>>
>Is there a reason why you would change the type unless you are moving
from one from mandatory profiles to all local profiles or vice versus
(that would be a pain with multiple servers)?

I'm not asking how to change the profile type, I'm trying to identify
users
who have not had a roaming profile built by the administrator (me)
because
of administrative (i.e. people not doing what they are supposed to be
doing)
issues.  I'm currently finding these users manually by scanning the
profiles
via system properties.  I'd like to be able to do this without spending
my
time on it, as I can't fix the administrative issues.

>If there is a UNC path in your user's AD Profile Path, this user is
using a roaming profile.

Not necessarily.  As I've stated already, you _can_ set a profile to
local
on a given server and that profile on that server _will not_ roam.

- Bob Coffman