[THIN] Re: Profile Type from Command Line

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:53:58 -0700

A quick and dirty way of getting this list (aside from right clicking
'mycomputer') would be to export the info from the registry.=20

HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\profile list\

Under this regkey you'll find all the currently loaded roaming profile
sids, as well as all loaded and un-logged in local profiles. The only
way to tell the 2 apart (local from roaming) is by looking under the
SID's to the "central profile" value.=20

If the profile is roaming, you should see a UNC path listed. If it's
local, the entry should be blank.=20

I'm with Paul, I don't believe there's a way to ennumerate this info
from command line. And if you're wanting to do this remotely, you need
to at least have remote registry access enabled for scripts to read the
reg value's I mentioned above.=20

HTH