[THIN] Re: Profile Issue

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:30:41 -0400

Is it a roaming profile?

Check this out.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];327462

>>> mmcclelland@xxxxxxxxxxxx 6/10/2004 10:49:42 AM >>>
Hello,

We are running a Citrix XP farm and we have one user who us unable to
log on to one of the servers, the user is able to log on to the other
servers without any problems.  The error message that she received is as
follows:

"Windows cannot log you on becuase the profile cannot be loaded.
Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Access is denied."

There are two errors that show up the application log, those errors are
as follows:

"RegLoadKey failed. Return value Access is denied.  for C:\Documents
and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat."

(username - lists name of user)

and

"Windows cannot log you on because the profile cannot be loaded.
Contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Access is denied."

Both are Event ID: 1000 and Source: Userenv.

As I stated before, this is only happening on one of the three servers
that are in the farm.  I ran the UPHClean program and that did not
help.

Any assitance on this would be greatly appreciatesd, so thanks in
advance.

- Michael R. McClelland

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID7
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147