[THIN] Re: Profile Error

  • From: Don.Hickey@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 16 Sep 2002 08:50:36 -0400

We get this too.  I've discovered that if you find and delete all .TMP
files in the roaming profile it fixes it.  Unfortunately I don't know what
triggers these files to be left around or why only sometimes they cause
problems.

Don

From: Fred Pabia <FPabia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Profile Error
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:09:47 -0600

Good Afternoon,

User are getting the following messages when they login.

"Windows cannot copy file "\\Server\Profiles\Profile Name" to location
"C:\Documents and Settings\Profile Name". Contact your
Network Administrator. Details: Access is denied"

This is followed by

"Windows cannot load the profile and is logging you on with a temporary
profile".

I have W2K SP2 with Metaframe 1.8 SP3 and I am using roaming profiles and
they are on a Windows NT4 PDC.

Any suggestions, please. Thank you..

Frederick R. Pabia
Calgary Public Library