[THIN] Re: Problems running NFUSE1.7 on a Citrix Server

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:55:51 -0700 (PDT)

Are users accessing this portal from the Internet?  If so you will have other
design issues to
worry about.  If the users are not accessing the portal from the Internet then
the box you are
proposing will suffice.

If users are accessing the portal from the internet you need to consider a few
more pieces of
hardware.
1) Firewall with DMZ Zone
2) CSG Server to encrypt the data from client to CSG.
3) SSL Enabled Web Server

Most of my implementations consist of 2 Nfuse Portals and 2 CSGs on the DMZ
load balanced with a
Foundry switch.  On the internal LAN I usually run 2 management servers.  The
boxes provide the
following services:
1) Primary and Backup Data Collector for Zone
2) Primary and Secondary XML port for Nfuse Portal
3) Primary and Secondary STA for Nfuse Portal
4) Primary and Secondary Metric Server for Resource Management
5) Primary and Secondary MAPI Email Server for Resource Management
6) Primary and Secondary Print Driver Server for Driver Replication to Farm
7) Primary and Secondary CMC Console Access

Don't run any application sets on your Management Servers.

--- Matt McComas <Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are considering the architecture of our Citrix environment and are
> wondering if anyone has run NFUSE 1.7 on a production Citrix XPe server that
> is also hosting applications and users.  We would prefer to not do this for
> obvious reasons, but wanted to check and see what others had done in this
> area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> MMM

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."