[THIN] Re: Problems installing an Oracle 9i data store with FR2

  • From: Jim Hathaway <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 06:22:19 -0700

Just setup FR-2 to an oracle 8i installation with none of these symptoms.

This may be stretching things abit, but if it setups fine with an Access DB,
perhaps you could try setting it up with an Access DB and then using DSmaint
to switch the server to your oracle DB.

If your DB on the oracle side is accepting connections as you say, then
you're avoiding the option that the FR-2 setup is 'forgetting' anything.

Otherwise, checking to make sure your MDAC and Jet are up to date is always
a good thing.

HTH