[THIN] Re: Problem with the Terminal Server

  • From: "krishna kumar" <kris3984@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:24:05 +0530

I am confirming my scenario for better clarity ,
when the  thin clients access the terminal server ,will the ip given to
each of the RDP session established be unique.Can the ISA give different ips
for Internet request coming different RDP sessions.

On 12/04/07, Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx <Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kris,

You mention ISA server.

That would be perfect for your scenario.

Just make sure that IE (on the terminal server or thin clients or where
ever your users are using it) is configured to use the proxy (or you could
use the firewall client or secureNAT).

If you have any questions about ISA, http://isaserver.org/ should be able
to help.

Tony

  *"krishna kumar" <kris3984@xxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

04/12/2007 12:09 AM   Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  cc
  Subject
[THIN] Re: Problem with the Terminal Server

Hey Joe,
           sorry for not explaining the scenario elobarately.The
Clients here are all thin clients so the need for making a RDP request
came into picture for these thin clients to access other applications
, to store their files and also to access the internet .So a proxy
server will not help me out.Moreover you said we can associate the
virtual ips with the iexplore.exe ,here  are you inferring about the
proxy server configuration that we do in the internet explorer or is
it different.If it is a different one can I associate the more than
one virtual ips for these applications and also will it travel to the
internet with this virtual ip.

I configured many ips to my single nic by
Network Connections -> Local area connection -> properties ->Internet
protocol[Tcp/ip]->Propertes->Advanced->Add IP addres & subnet mask.

On 12/04/07, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unfortunately, that is not how Virtual IPs work.   Either you can
associate
> the iexplore.exe process with virtual ips or as some else mentioned use
> proxy server.
>
> Joe
>

> On 4/11/07, krishna kumar <kris3984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No , I am not trying to achieve this for any applications but for the
> > complete session.So any RDP client that connects the terminal server
> > will connect using the virtual ip address
> > and if in that session if the client is accessing the internet through
> > browser or any other internet based application ,the outgoing traffic
> > for that session must be the virtual ip that the client has used to
> > connect.The reason why I want unique ips for each of the RDP session
> > is to know about their internet usuage.
> >
> > I have also attached the architecture diagram for  clarity.Please
> > review the architecture diagram and suggest a way to achieve the
> > scenario.
> > and also is it possible to use ISA (internet secure and acceleration)
> > with the terminal server to achieve the scenario.
> >

> > kris.
> >

> > On 11/04/07, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > First of all, what problem are you trying solve (and I don't mean
the
> > > virtual ip)?  Is there an app that needs unique IPs? (if its an app,
did
> you
> > > specify the executables?) If you can give us a better understanding
of
> what
> > > you're against, we can better advise on the best
approach/configuration.

> > > Joe

> > > connect to the Terminal Server using one of the Virtual IPs and I
want
> the
> > > outbound traffic of the Terminal Server to also go from that Virtual
IP
> but
> > > Now its using the Physical IP.

> useful
> > > to my scenario.But I guess that feature is mainly for the Load
> Balancing.
> > > Anyway will this feature be useful for my scenario .Please suggest.

> connect
> > > to single IP address using RDP?

IP

thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On
> > > Behalf Of krishna kumar

> environment.I
> > > will explain my scenario and want your solutions about the problem.

> > > these steps

> > > Properties->TCP/IP->Properties->Advanced Properties -
> >ADD
> > > IP,Subnet Mask.

> ips
> > > .i.e