[THIN] Problem with Port 80

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:11:26 -0700

I am hoping someone could explain to me why we would need to unblock
port 80 incoming (as I am told W2k3 Sp1 firewall only blocks incoming
ports) to our CMFPSv3 application servers.

My group does not manage the web interface (v3) servers but the people
who do are setting up new ZDC(2005.04) and in test using these we can
not get connected to our servers using a combination of the test WI and
these ZDC. ZDC are the SSL relay/xml brokers? In the WI config.

When we connect to the WI and try to logon we can not get connect to the
application servers.  The application servers are not identified as the
XML brokers, so I am told, in the WI config.  I checked the firewall log
and there on connections coming in on port 80 from the ???  When I allow
port 80 in globally it works.  IIS is not on these servers.

The other option that worked was "trust requests sent to the Citrix XML
Service" but from what I read this should not be on on these servers as
they are not "pointed" to by the WI.
So can anyone tell me why these connections would be using port 80 and
what would be using them.

Thanks a bunch.

Doug Stratton
Technology Engineering Services, ISM Canada
Together with Shared Services BC
Telephone: 250-704-1861
Fax: 250-704-1889
E-mail: <mailto:stratton@xxxxxxxxxx