[THIN] Re: Problem connecting to NFuse

  • From: "Edward Skippins" <edward.skippins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:06:45 +0100

yea tried that one too...still no joy.

Thanks for having a think for me.

>>> DMelczer@xxxxxxxx 15/06/04 12:27:22 >>>
If the laptop is running Windows XP, try going into the advanced tab of
the
network connection settings and see if the Windows XP firewall is
enabled.
Try disabling for a brief time to test.  We've noticed that some
laptops
require that the built-in XP firewall be disabled to connect to our
farm
over Nfuse...we substitute another software-based firewall or hardware
firewall in lieu of the XP firewall.

Hope this helps.

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx