[THIN] Re: Problem after Upgrading MF 1.8 to XP

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:33:58 -0500

That didn't work for me but I did get it fixed.

My problem was with the wtsuprn.inf and wtsuprn.txt files.  An old admin
removed System from the security.  I put it back and my upgrade was
successful.

I agree about going from a clean install but I have this PITA legacy app
that is not supported anymore and I can't get to load properly on a new
server...so I broke a Raid 1 of a NT4 server with 1.8 and recreated a new
server and then upgraded it to win2k with xpfr2.  And Yay, the legacy app is
still working!

  _____

Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator