[THIN] Re: Printing performance

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:38:34 +1000

Hi Ron

HP appear to have majorly revamped at least a few of their printer drivers.
Had issues with large text only print jobs on an HPLJ 4100 queue, swapped to
the latest PCL6 HP driver (late July release) and cut the print job size
down to 25% of the old (older driver) size.

Makes me wonder about the code base for the UPD driver and whether there's
room for improvement. Probably.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack