[THIN] Printing nightmares

  • From: "Jason Patten" <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:43:47 -0400

Ok, I have about 3  printing issues that are about to drive me around the
bend.

On one of our farms, Running MetaFrame XP on Windows 2000 machines and I
have a user with HP laserJet 1100 printers.  In our WTSuprn.inf file I have
the LaserJet 1100 mapped to a LaserJet 4. However for this user the printers
never autocreate.  I do not know what the issue is.  We have a large number
of users with the 1100 and she is the only one with this issue so far.  She
has been updated to Version 10 of the Web client, and seh has even
re-installed the printers on her side to no avail.  Any ideas why the
printers will not autocreate.

Another user, using a Brother HL-2040 (also mapped to laserjet 4 drivers)
has intermittent printing problems,  sometimes her cannot print at all, and
other times he can start a session printing, then printing capability goes
away.  He is also on this same farm. This seems independent of the server he
is logged into at the time He also has the v10 Client

Finally, On another domain we have PS4 farm.   I have a user with Various HP
laserJet printers, mostly 4000 and 4200 printers whose printers map but when
she attempts to print, no print job comes out.
We are forcing Citrix UPD for all printers on the PS4 farm, and again, she
has the latest client (v10).
I think it may be due to the Anti-virus software she is running, but I have
no remote access to he PC and she cannot tell me for sure if she does or
not. Since it is only the one user I generally rule out failures in the
Print service etc as the cause.

I have been searching around and not found anything helpful at all so far.

--Jason