[THIN] Re: Printing in TS ony - not Citrix - Recommendations

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:00:25 -0400

I have to say this... :-)

Advanced Print Manager (APM) from DABCC (:-))  www.dabcc.com/apm
<http://www.dabcc.com/apm> .  It will allow you to centrally manage your
printer drivers the way Citrix does plus a bit more added value.  Check
out the web page for more info.

Although, as the creator of APM, I would also like to say if you want to
once and for all solve your problems with printing in a Citrix OR
Terminal Services world then you will want to go with Tricerat or
ThinPrint.  They are the BEST but they do cost A LOT more money that
APM.  If you have the money then talk to both of them, if you are on a
strict budget then eval APM and you might find it helps.

To summarize, if I had my choice, I would go with Tricerat or ThinPrint
as I hear and have experienced awesome results with both products.  If
your cash conscious then APM is for you as there is a HUGE difference in
cost.  :-)   (I try to be an honest / consultative software dev guy that
knows where my product fits!)

DB

Douglas A. Brown

President and Chief Technology Officer