[THIN] Printing in Metaframe 1.8 Help!

  • From: Matt Barys <MBarys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:20:30 -0500

Hi everyone,

I just started at a new company and their network is very screwy. It's a mix
of Win2000 and NT with everyone using Metaframe 1.8 with Neo thin clients.
I've pretty much figured out everything except for printing. I'm trying to
figure out how a user is getting assigned their default printer when they
logon. I've created a test user and logged on, but when I go to the printers
section, it's empty. This leads me to believe there is a policy somewhere?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! I'm familiar with Metaframe XP
and assigning printers via the console, but can't remember how 1.8 does it.

Thanks,
Matt
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to