[THIN] Re: Printing Strangeness

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:46:04 -0400

Get http://thethin.net/pdmanager.zip  and run it against the server. Delete
all unnecessary print drivers.
There is a printer cleanup utility on thethin.net TS downloads page called
wtsprintercleanup that cleans up orphaned printers.  We use Emergent Onlines
Thinnsentials EOL Watchdog for this purpose and it works great! And at $195
per server it is worth every penny, it can also watch the IMA service and
check for down listeners...see:
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/product.asp?ProdID=EOLWATCH

There is a setting in module.ini that you can change in the users PC(and in
the passthrough directory on the server) to speed up printing.
See http://thethin.net/faqs2.cfm?id=167&category=1&sortby=score
JK