[THIN] Printing HP LJ 4100 - bold is bold?

  • From: "Ryan Sumstad" <ryan_sumstad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:37:35 -0500

Here is the issue:

Software is in-house document management software
Printer is HP LJ 4100DTN with internal JetDirect card
Client is Windows XP SP1, Citrix 6.31.1051
Server is Windows 2000 SP3, Metaframe XP FR2
Both the client and the TS are running the latest PCL6 driver.  In this
case, the Win2k driver is the same file as the WinXP driver.  The version
date of the driver is 2/10/2003.
(The software talks to the PCL driver so I'm stuck with PCL).

When the client prints directly to the printer the documents format
correctly.  If the TS prints directly or if the client prints from an
auto-created printer, then the formatting is wrong.  Specifically, the
'bold" characters are not "bold" enough.

Any thoughts?  I wouldn't mind changing printers or printing methods.  BTW,
this app is used in 6 offices and each office has 2 printers dedicated to
printing for this app.

I'm thinking of setting up a test 2003 TS to see if the 2/10/2003 driver for
the 4100 will function the same as it does on an XP machine.  This would
also solve the issue that I have 38 Win98 clients who need to use this app.

Thanks,

Ryan