[THIN] Re: Printers

  • From: Steve Sullivan <SSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:18:51 -0700

Hi Fred,

I tried straight USB on one of my Wyse 3360's - and found that USB is not
supported in MF XP - it was in Citrix KB somewhere . . . . Switched to
parallel, and all was well . . . never tried the port converter firmware,
but I'll bet straight parallel works.

Is the physical connection Wyse (parallel) to Printer (USB)?
Does this use one of those converter cables?

Also, rather than loading the print driver to the Wyse terminal, connect to
the server desktop and run the PRINTCFG.EXE utility from the Term Server.
See if this finds the printer. If it does, and there's a matching driver on
the Term Server, you're in! Just connect to it and set it as default. This
utility should be in the SYSTEM32 dir, or maybe I copied it there and it
actually defaults to the Citrix dir or something . . . don't remember.

If you find a way to make this work, I'd like to hear about it.

Steve