[THIN] Printer roulette ...

  • From: "Bohmer, Andre ten" <Andre.tenBohmer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:34:49 +0200

Hi,

In our Citrix farm we use the option to have client printers to be
autocreated on the Citrix servers. Sometimes clients get all client
printers autocreated (local and/or network connected) as desired,
sometimes only the local printers are autocreated and the network
printers never show up. After browsing the Citrix support site and Thin
archives, as a test I set the Feature Release level for one server from
FR2 back to FR1. This fixed the problem on this psecific server, but if
this is a good alternative?!? Maybe a better option is to apply FR3 plus
SP4, do you agree? To unlock the full FR3 potential we need to buy FR3
connection licenses I guess, or will the printing problem be solved even
running with the FR level set to 2 while having FR3 SP4 installed?

We're in the middle of building a new Citrix farm based on W2K3 and PS
4, so that's why I try to avoid to spent a lot of time and/or money on
the "old" farm.

Thanks in advance!
Andre
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2