[THIN] Printer driver security

  • From: "Lutz, Ken" <KLUTZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin - List (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:45:44 -0800

I have a Thin Client device that is trying to map a printer that is local to a
Windows 2000 workstation.  The Win2K workstation is sharing the printer.  When
the thin client user tries to map the printer they get the error message "You
do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the selected
printer.".  I found MS KB259937 article that basically says to allow users to
install printer drivers.  I'm not sure I want to do this.

My question is this:  Is this error occurring because I don't have the printer
driver loaded on the Citrix servers?

Thanks,
Ken Lutz
Sr. Systems Administrator