[THIN] Re: Printer auto-creation failure

  • From: Toby <toby.percival@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:27:55 +0100

Sorted this problem out. Permissions on the Program Files folder. I
had removed the Power Users group.

Added this and hey presto, it works.....

On 8/11/05, Toby <toby.percival@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HI List,
>
> I am receiving the following error to do with auto creating printers.
> Citrix say the Ctx_SmaUsers account is at fault and does not have the
> appropriate rights;
>
> Citrix Resolution
>
> In the Local Security Settings, under User Rights Assignment, add the
> local Ctx_SmaUser to the "Load and unload device drivers" policy.
>
> The user has the correct rights, and I am still experiencing the issue below
>
> Printer auto-creation failure. Reason: AddPrinter() failed with status
> 0x3EB. Client name: (TST0750) Printer name: (Kingsfield Court (from
> TST0750) in session 8) Port name: (Client:8:Kingsfield Court) Driver
> name: (Citrix Universal Printer) Print processor: (Citrix Print
> Processor)
>
> Any help appreciated.

New Site from The Kenzig Group VistaPop.com!
Windows Vista Links, Subscribe to Vista Discussion List
at Freelists.org and more! See:
http://www.VistaPop.com