[THIN] Re: Printer Management & Published Applications

  • From: "Bruce Heavner" <bheavner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:30:25 -0600

For the issue of them not creating, you might check to be sure the
correct drivers are loaded.  Check the application event log for
"Metaframe Events" errors.  If you look at the detail, it may tell you
that a driver was not available.  When you import the print server, all
it does is import the shares.  The driver mapping is the same as
standard client printer mapping.  If the driver isn't there, it won't
create (no UPD without FR).  Or, maybe the uses doesn't have rights to
the other 2?

Second - if you wanted to, you can publish just the printers folder.
I'd have to look it up, but I think you create a "Printers.{classid}" or
something like that.  Haven't done it since TSE/MF 1.8 days, but it
should be the same on 2k.  However, since you've started using the
network printers, that should work ok once the drivers are ok.

Bruce Heavner
RapidApp
Sr. Network Engineer
bheavner@xxxxxxxxxxxx