[THIN] Re: Printer Auto-assignment option not available on new PS4.0 build

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:44:55 -0700

Sigh, Never mind.

I see now this setup has been moved down into the policy area of the CMC.
Would be nice if this info was refrenced outside of the Advanced concepts
guide, but ah well. At least it's still there. :)

Lan

On 6/23/06, TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hiya list,

I have a brand new Win2k3 SP1 - MPS 4.0 TS system that I don't appear to
have the option to setup user printer auto-assignments with. I have imported
my network print server, ensured that all needed printer drivers are on the
TS system. But when I do what's listed in the help file:

1.

   Select Printers under Printer Management in the left pane of the
   console. The *Printers* tab lists all the network and local printers
   in your farm. This list does not include client printers.
   2.

   Select a printer. Select *Printer Management* > *Auto-Creation* from
   the *Actions* menu or click [image: Auto-Creation...] on the
   toolbar. The *Auto-Creation Settings* dialog box opens.

When selecting a printer and choosing Printer management, I have no option
for 'auto-creation' at all. Not even a "grayed" out field . . .

This system was using an Eval license code for PS 4.0 which I did recently
upgrade to a production license. The MPS 4.0 software installed was
downloaded from Mycitrix, as opposed to installed directly from CD media,
don't know if that makes a difference, but I've had one downloaded install
cause me issues in the past.

I feel like I'm missing something basic here, and searches on the Citrix
KB aren't turning up any similar results. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lan