[THIN] Print Spooler stopping

  • From: "Peterson David" <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:53:42 -0400

It seems every few weeks my print spooler takes a dive and I cannot get it
going again with any reliability. I start it up, but it quickly stops again.
This has happened a few times over a few weeks.

I can get it going again by running cleanspl and rebooting, but obviously
that's not a good solution. Generally, my users use Screwdrivers for their
printers, except a few special ones on the server (Docuprinter TSE for PDF
creation, CCH, etc.) I have to reinstall these after the reboot as well.

Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening again? I have not loaded
any drivers.NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission from the law firm of
Dinsmore & Shohl may constitute an attorney-client communication that is
privileged at law.  It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any
unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in
error, please delete it from your system without copying it, and notify the
sender by reply e-mail, so that our address record can be corrected.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
Thinlist MOBILE Feed