[THIN] Re: Preventing published app from opening IE

  • From: <Jeff.Pitsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:26:03 -0500

Well, if your Win2k you can use Appsec and if your Win2k3 you can use
Software Restriction Policies to lock down programs.  You can slo use
NTFS permissions and just remove the users ability to run the .exe's.
There is a GPO setting that allows/disallows software specified.  You
may also want to investigate to see whether the program can be
reconfigured so it doesn't allow the option or so you can set it to a
dummy program.

Jeff Pitsch