[THIN] Re: Prevent IE

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:12:28 +1200

The problem with number 1 is that it restricts ALL users on a box to certain
sites. From the KB:

"You cannot create different Content Advisor settings for different users on
the same computer."

This topic came up a few months ago. The subject was: "[THIN] OT:
Restricting IE On Terminal Server", so you can search the archives for it.
The easy and cheap solution I got out of it was Team Software's Public Web
Browser. It's built on IE, but you can start it with INI files that dictate
what the user can and can't do. Configure different INI files for different
users/groups. And it's cheap - I think it's $99 a server.

http://teamsoftware.bizland.com/

JD