[THIN] Re: Presentation Server 4.5 Release Date

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:31:49 -0700

I would be cool.  I like the reporting features of Armtech as well ability
to get really granular when fine tuning a system.

At least this acquisition won't drive the reseller crazy trying to adopt new
technologies bought by Citrix.

Joe

On 2/13/07, Douglas A. Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 guys, check this out:

*Rumor - Citrix Eyes Acquisition of Aurema*

The word on the street is that Citrix is about to announce the acquisition
of CPU tuning expects, Aurema.     Citrix and Aurema have a relationship
dating back to 2004 when Citrix licensed Aurema's workload management
technology.

The interesting part of this story is that Aurema is said to be going
under as it has been rumored they lost their biggest customer, IBM,
recently.  This being said and because of the fact that Citrix licensed
Aurema's technology vs. owning it outright, Citrix needs to find a way to
secure the code or find another solution and fast.    I've also heard the
Aurema employees are out beating the streets for employment.  All this makes
me believe this rumor is true and Citrix will basically pick up Aurema for
next to nothing.

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=3688

and it goes on....  this is a really interesting story.  I can't wait to
see what happens...  I could be wrong... that is for sure..  so what do you
think?

DB

*Douglas A. Brown*

*President and Chief Technology Officer *

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

Citrix Technology Professional

* *

DABCC, Inc.