[THIN] Re: Presentation Server 4 Licensing for Windows 2000/2003

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:19:31 -0400

PS licenses are OS independent.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/27/06, Lennart Koschella <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello!

We're still on Metaframe XP FR3 and Windows 2000 servers, but plan to
migrate to MPS 4.0 next year. Perhaps we will do the migration in two
steps:

1. Migrate to MPS 4.0 (as this is the easier part, because we don't have
set up our servers from scratch at this time)

2. Migrate to Windows 2003 server (with a full re-installation of OS and
applcations)

Do MPS 4.0 licenses depend on the Windows server platform (i.e. can we buy
our MPS 4.0 licenses and use them on either server OS)? Or would we have
buy "MPS 4.0 for Windows 2000" licenses and later upgrade to "MPS 4.0 for
Windows 2003" licenses in the two-step scenario mentioned above?

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator