[THIN] Presentation Server 4 Licensing for Windows 2000/2003

  • From: Lennart Koschella <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:29:46 +0200

Hello!

We're still on Metaframe XP FR3 and Windows 2000 servers, but plan to migrate to MPS 4.0 next year. Perhaps we will do the migration in two steps:

1. Migrate to MPS 4.0 (as this is the easier part, because we don't have to set up our servers from scratch at this time)

2. Migrate to Windows 2003 server (with a full re-installation of OS and applcations)

Do MPS 4.0 licenses depend on the Windows server platform (i.e. can we buy our MPS 4.0 licenses and use them on either server OS)? Or would we have to buy "MPS 4.0 for Windows 2000" licenses and later upgrade to "MPS 4.0 for Windows 2003" licenses in the two-step scenario mentioned above?

Thank you.

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator