[THIN] Powerchute BE version 6.x - Heads Up!

  • From: "Lee, David (ISD)" <David.Lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin client listserve (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:57:44 +0100

We've had serious problems with some of the servers in our Citrix farm this
morning, which we were able to pin down to the APC Powerchute service going
postal.  A quick trawl of the APC web site turned up this little beauty:-

http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=720
2

They are not kidding about Powerchute no longer providing graceful system
shutdown, but don't mention the other side effects.
Some of our Citrix servers actually crashed and after rebooting refused to
display the GINA at the console, and could not be accessed through ICA
session, CMC or any other means.  We were able to regain control by starting
in safe mode and disabling the APC BE service.  Of course all the other
servers here run version Powerchute Business Edition 6.x, so guess what
we're doing this afternoon :(

Regards

David Lee

This weeks sponsor: SuperSpeed
Try Us To improve performance along with other agents!
FREE 30-day Trial!
http://www.superspeed.com/servers/computing.php?ID=100