[THIN] Re: Possibly odd-ball question

  • From: Doug Rooney <drooney57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:17:51 -0800

Greg,

Here is the first review I saw, not real encouraging.

Bought this because I wanted to use a webcam remotely. Box says it supports
"video devices" so I gave it a try. First, under Windows 7 64-bit at least,
it crashes applications that try to use the webcam. Second, it only looks
like a USB 1.1 hub so applications complain about that wanting you to hook
up the webcam to a USB 2.0 port. Third, it does not work at all with a
webcam. I was willing to put up with low frame rates but it does not work at
all.

Does not come with Windows 7 software (XP and Vista only). No new drivers or
firmware on the company website.

I have not tried a printer or USB hard drive, may work for those but I
suspect it will be slow.

Good idea but doesn't seem to work.

My client will not do well with something that has 'issues'.

So am I to guess the thin client will not work?

I have set up many, but only as remote user entry devices.

Thanks

~Dr.Doug