[THIN] Position Available with Softricity, Inc. in NE Ohio

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, neocug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:39:59 -0700 (PDT)

FYI,

Jim
Position Available with Softricity, Inc. in NE Ohio

Sales Engineer
Position Summary:
Qualified candidates will work with enterprise customers to shorten the sales
cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within these accounts. Sales Engineers
must have solid communication skills, sales ability, technical expertise, and
work well in a team, or independently. They must also be able to communicate
complicated technical material in a stressful yet results oriented environment.
Responsibilities Include:
·         Leveraging relationships within organizations to solve technical
hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions

·         Working with the Inside and Outside Sales Representatives on joint
account calls, webinars and account planning

·         Installing, configuring and testing our solution at customer's
facilities during Proof of Concepts

·         Interfacing with various customers at both a business and a technical
level and propose viable solutions in real time during customer meetings

·         Acting as a mentor to other Sales Engineers to share knowledge and
best practices to advance the sales of our products and technologies

·         Assisting with the development of our channel partners. This may
include conducting joint account calls, updating their technical staff on new
products and features, and working with them to develop solutions for customers
Required Skills:
·         Minimum of 5 years experience in a Software Vendor, Professional
Services, IT Consulting or Systems Integration environment

·         Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills

·         Professional presentation skills

·         Hands-on experience with Windows 2000/2003, Active Directory,
Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server and VMware

·         Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day
guidance or interaction from management

·         Excellent listening skills resulting in a high level of customer
satisfaction. Must be able to listen for opportunities as well as potential
technical hurdles

·         The ability to travel. The amount of travel will vary from position
to position
Desired Skills:
·         MCSE and CCEA certifications

·         Experience with the configuration and management of hardware load
balancers, firewalls and proxy servers

·         Understanding of high-availability solutions (clustering, storage
area networks, network attached storage etc.)

·         Scripting skills (ex. VBScript, ADSI, WMI)

~ more ~

About Softricity
Softricity helps enterprises simplify and accelerate software management with
SoftGrid®, the industry's first application virtualization platform. The
award-winning SoftGrid utility computing solution transforms applications from
products that must be installed locally into virtual services that are
centrally managed and deployed on-demand to any Windows desktop, laptop and
Terminal Services server. By eliminating application conflicts and regression
testing, and increasing change management responsiveness, SoftGrid expedites
deployment, upgrades, patches and terminations. Global 2000 companies such as
Suncor Energy, Prudential, AIG, and Raytheon use SoftGrid to save tremendous
time and money, enhance IT service quality, and transform into more dynamic
businesses. Softricity has a multiyear Strategic Alliance with Microsoft
Corporation and is Gold Certified Partner. Softricity is also a partner of HP
and VMware. More information can be found at http://www.softricity.com.

If you think your skill set aligns with our needs, please visit our website at
http://www.softricity.com/company/careers-se.asp  - Principals only.