[THIN] Re: Port speeds on all network devices?

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:04:15 -0700

I haven't had that problem with any of the GB NIC's (BC or Intel)
connecting to Nortel or Cisco GB switches/blades.  But, that option
wasn't available until a few months ago.

I agree that you should set your network devices to 100/Full (on the
NIC/Interface and on the switch).  That just reduces the chances of
having CRC or Collisions on the interface due to a duplex mismatch
(which is the most common issue out there with network traffic,
besides a failing/failed NIC).

Chris