[THIN] Port speeds on all network devices?

  • From: John Van Gerpen <jvangerpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:36:39 -0700

Hi THIN LIST:

        It was suggested to me that I should set the port speeds on all my
switches and NIC's to the same speed/duplexing and not use Auto for any
configuration.  I am running a 100 MB network and in one location have a 1GB
back plane where my Citrix servers plug into.   What settings should work
best (half / Full) and should I hard code each Network device off the Auto
setting?

John
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba