[THIN] Re: Poll

  • From: rick.mattingly@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:30:26 -0400

I will look into it and get back to you.  Thx.

Thanks,
Enterprise Server Team
Rick Mattingly
859-363--2264

material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
computer.

             "Pardee, Michael
             P."
             <MPardee@xxxxxxxx                                          To
             >                         "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Poll
             07/08/2005 08:20
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

We have experienced random freezes.  Windows2003 / MFXPe.  On a call with
Microsoft recently we were talking about this and the guy was positive he
know what this was.  He referred us to article 324446 and said he was sure
it was the registry cache purging.  We have not yet done anything with the
article he sent us.  I know it has always been a performance trick to tell
the OS to accept the write to disk as a commit as soon as it sends it
instead of waiting for the actual commit to come back from the hardware,
but
I wasn't sure if the Blades had the required cache/etc to really implement
this.

We may try it on a test Blade but you're more than welcome to go first!