[THIN] Re: Poledit and MMC permissions - Weird issue

  • From: "John Vorchak" <jvorchak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:42:34 +0100

You could always delete your local profile from that server and log
back on again -- if it restricts you again then it's possible that
the policy is affecting the default user which your user will inherit
no matter if they're in the assigned users or not.

Also, did you check HKLM?  When you said that you didn't find the
restriction in HKCU I thought of that but I just tried to restrict
event viewer for my user in HKLM and it didn't work.  But we've all
seen flakier things happen before...

-John

John A. Vorchak (eMVP)
Vorchak Software
Custom Windows XP Embedded and
Windows NT Embedded Components and Solutions
jvorchak@xxxxxxxx

On