[THIN] Per-user File Associations

  • From: Ryan Gorman <Ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:59:35 -0000

Is anyone here interested in per user file associations as described in [1]
and in possession of .REG files of file associations that you wished you
could apply using Group Policies?

If interest (and supply of .REG files) is high enough I may be able to
produce a W2K ADM.

To be effective the ADM would have to contain matched pairs of associations
such as;

A. an association for PDFs to both Acrobat Reader and Full Adobe Acrobat.
B. Powerpoint (full) and Powerpoint Viewer

Interested parties may email me directly. I'll update the list with the
interest level and progress.

[1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257592

http://www.star.net.uk