[THIN] Re: Peachtree on Citrix

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:20:19 -0500

Hehe.  Of course it won't work, nor do they support it.  If I remember
right, they explicitly specify in the license agreement that if you
install on a terminal server, you are violating the license and forfeit
the right to use it.  HAHA.  Nice vendor.  I move all PT clients to QB
on TS (even though Intuit as well does not support TS - but it works
better right off the bat most times).

You can get it to work, but I would not recommend PT to be used by more
than 1-2 users.  PT is based on Btrieve still if I recall (this was last
year) and you remember when that was used (can you say novell 2.x days).

In any case, there is a doc on the net that shows what needs to be done
to get it to work - like the early QB days.  My recall is you need to
open PT on the server once, copy the specific .ini file per user and
copy that file to allow the user to run it.  Some registry & folder
rights need to be full to work as well.  I have a doc somewhere, just
cannot locate quickly now.

Ron